The health beverage you need to know about
Turmeric lattes, also known as “golden milk”, have recently gained popularity as a health-conscious alternative to traditional coffee drinks. But what makes turmeric such an exciting ingredient? In this post, we explore five reasons to try a turmeric latte today.
What is a Turmeric Latte?
Turmeric milk, also known as “golden milk”, is a popular drink made by mixing turmeric, a warm, traditional, anti-inflammatory spice, with milk and other ingredients such as sweeteners and spices. One Farm’s Functional Turmeric Latte Mix doubles down on the health benefits with the addition of Ashwagandha, Reishi, Lion’s mane, and Mesima. Which are all well known immune boosting and inflammation deterring adaptogens
5 Reasons To Try Turmeric Milk:
- Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory agent: Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with strong anti-inflammatory properties. Adding turmeric to your milk helps reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is linked to many chronic diseases, such as heart disease and cancer, and some people believe that turmeric can help reduce inflammation and reduce the risk of these diseases.
- Turmeric can improve brain function: Some studies have shown that turmeric can improve brain function, including memory and mood. Start your day with a turmeric latte and give your brain the boost it needs.
+One study published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology found that a single dose of curcumin improved memory and attention in healthy older adults. Another study published in the journal Stem Cell Research and Therapy found that curcumin can promote the growth and development of nerve cells and may have potential to treat neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
+However, it is important to note that these studies are preliminary and more research is needed to fully understand the effects of turmeric on brain function in humans.
- Turmeric has antioxidant benefits: The golden spice is a rich source of antioxidants that help protect your body from free radical damage. Drinking turmeric golden milk can give your body a dose of these powerful nutrients.
- Turmeric can improve digestion by helping stimulate the production of bile, which is essential for digestion. Turmeric lattes have been known to improve digestion and reduce bloating.
- Turmeric Latte is Delicious: Don’t let the health benefits fool you – Turmeric Latte is delicious too! The combination of turmeric and milk creates a creamy, slightly sweet drink that’s perfect for a nice night out or breakfast.
In summary, Turmeric lattes are more than just a trend – turmeric is a spice that has been used in traditional medicine for centuries and is believed to have many health benefits. Turmeric Latte is easy to make at home and even easier with One Farm Turmeric Latte Mix. Try them and see for yourself why turmeric lattes are the latest craze you need to know about.
Turmeric Latte History:
Origin: Turmeric, originating in India, has been used medicinally for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine. It has been used to treat a variety of ailments, including digestive problems, skin problems and joint pain.
Popularization in Western Culture: In recent years, turmeric lattes have become increasingly popular in Western cafes and coffee shops as people look for healthier alternatives to traditional coffee drinks. Part of the reason behind this trend is the growing awareness of turmeric’s health benefits and its popularity as a “superfood.”
Ingredients and Preparation:A typical turmeric milk is made by combining turmeric powder, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper and your choice of sweetener (eg almond or oat milk). The ingredients are heated and mixed together, resulting in a hot, bubbly drink. Black pepper is added to improve the bioavailability of turmeric.
Health Benefits:Turmeric has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help reduce the risk of certain diseases. It is also believed to have other health benefits, including improved digestion and reduced joint pain. Overall, turmeric lattes are a relatively new trend in the West, but they have their roots in ancient medicinal practices and have become popular for their unique taste and perceived health benefits.